LCO SOLOISTS: CALL FOR SCORES – THE HUB SESSIONS III
Thursday 27 August 2015
THE HUB SESSIONS III @ ROUNDHOUSE: IOANA SISEA
SUNDAY 25 OCTOBER 2015, 6-8pm
The closing date for submissions (Friday 9 October) has now passed
London Contemporary Orchestra, in partnership with the Roundhouse and artist Ioana Sisea, is pleased to announce its third and final ‘Call for Scores’ as part of The Hub Sessions. Composers / sound artists of any age and nationality are invited to submit electronic scores to accompany one of Ioana Sisea’s Present Continuous films.
The Present Continuous series comprises five films, ranging in length from 30 seconds to 5:38 minutes each. Composers may select any one of the films to score. Composers are not required to score their chosen film in its entirety, but must submit no less than 30 seconds’ worth of material.
Three shortlisted entries will be showcased on the LCO’s website and YouTube channel, with one of the films receiving a screening at the Dorfman Hub, Roundhouse on Sunday 25 October (following a workshop session and open discussion with Ioana Sisea).
The selected composer will be shortlisted alongside March and April 2015 ‘Call for Scores’ composers Neil Quigley and Stephen Wilkinson, one of whom will receive a £1,000 commission from LCO Soloists for 2015/16.
• Please click here to download the films
• The electronic score must be original, and must not have been previously performed in public or commercially released
• Composers may submit one work only across the March, April and October 2015 ‘Call for Scores’
WHAT TO SUBMIT
• The film w/ electronic score as an unlisted YouTube link (minimum 720p quality)
• If submitting an excerpt, please only upload the relevant section of the film
• Contact information
Please send YouTube links and contact details, and direct any questions, to [email protected]