Job Vacancy: Executive Administrator – Maternity Leave Cover
Thursday 28 September 2017
** DEADLINE EXTENDED ** Applications now due in October 22nd at 5pm
LCO is currently recruiting for Executive Administrator (Maternity Leave Cover) – working on a freelance basis to support the delivery of its artistic calendar, including concerts, tours, recordings and broadcasts.
JOB TITLE: Executive Administrator – Maternity Leave Cover
TERMS: Part-time [0.5 FTE] – four hours per day, five days per week
CONTRACT: Freelance, beginning 2nd January 2018, initially a fixed-term contract until October 24th 2018, with a possibility of creation of a new role at the end of this contract. Training to commence early December for approx. 8-10 hours a week, subject to arrangement.
LINE MANAGER: Artistic Directors
REMUNERATION: £16.25 per hour (equivalent of £33,800 per annum pro rata)
The Executive Administrator (Maternity Leave Cover) fulfills an essential role at the heart of the organisation, working remotely on a day-to-day basis with the Artistic Directors, Concert Manager, Chairman and LCO players. You will be the first point of contact for new business, general enquiries, player / performer queries and contractors. Once established in your role you will take the lead on many aspects of concert and recording production, and liaise directly with our producing partners, clients and their representatives, always in a highly professional and discreet manner. Whilst you will be working remotely for the majority of your week you will also be required to attend meetings in Central London with the Artistic Directors and Trustees, attend concerts and recordings and represent the LCO at ABO meetings, as and when required.
LCO is looking for a committed, dynamic, experienced individual to embrace this demanding role. In line with the orchestra’s 2018 structural expansion plans, we hope to be able to offer an alternative position within the organisation once this contract expires in Autumn 2018.
Responsibilities will include:
Concert and Orchestra Management
- Concerts: liaising with the Concert Manager; assisting with music preparation and archiving; all aspects of production support including client liaison; percussion hire, music hire and music stands, rehearsal venue hire, booking photographers and videographers; rehearsal and performance management; scheduling and diary management
- Touring support: schedule preparation; personnel and venue liaison; booking flights and accommodation; organising visas; organising transportation of instruments and / or local hires where required.
- Filming and recordings: assisting with production schedules and project liaison; preparation of MU / BPI session paperwork; client liaison; compilation of credits
Marketing, Communications and Fundraising
- Marketing: website and social media channel updates; assisting compilation of press and marketing materials; research and data management tasks; Front of House support; guest invites; complimentary ticket administration; specific digital projects and marketing plans
- Communications: external listings; reviews and communications updates
- Fundraising: assisting LCO’s fundraiser with administrative support; donor management and Gift Aid submissions.
General Administrative Support and Finance
- General administration: managing and administrating the company’s project management software ‘Teamwork Projects’; devising and maintaining office systems; meeting scheduling; taking minutes; diary planning; photocopying and printing; research tasks.
- Finance: liaising with the LCO’s accountants; assisting in the preparation of the Annual Return and quarterly VAT returns; managing project budgets; liaising with suppliers and contractors.
The Executive Administrator (Maternity Leave cover) may be required to work evening hours on concert days and accompany the LCO on tour.
- Some years’ experience in an administrative role
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised, self-motivated, and able to work well independently
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work across a range of different projects and areas simultaneously, prioritising multiple tasks, and working calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good numeracy, literacy, organisational and computer skills – including a strong understanding and experience of using social media channels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Committed to the role and a potential future within the organisation
- A demonstrable interest in the arts, preferably including orchestral and contemporary music
- Previous experience of arts management/administration, or developing and delivering creative projects and ideas
- Marketing expertise
- Strong research and analytical skills
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview on the basis of a CV and covering letter. Neither document should exceed 2 sides of A4. Candidates are reminded that they should use the covering letter to make explicit the connections between the skills and experience detailed on their CV and the person specification outlined above.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail (PDF format) to email@example.com by 5pm on Sunday 22nd October 2017 using the subject line Executive Administrator (Mat Leave) – Application. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted from Wednesday 25th October for interview, in London, the following week.
Applicants with queries should contact firstname.lastname@example.org